Puro.earth listed

Holy Grail Direct Air Capture - Project Moonstone

Quantity
102 000
CORC Price
371,67 €
Production Timeline
Q1 2025-Q4 2027

About the project

Holy Grail delivers Direct Air Capture projects that capture and permanently store CO2 using modular scrubbers to generate a solid, durable material that is stored above the ground. This method of removal and storage significantly reduces the risk of reversal and simplifies MRV.

Technology

The process has three steps, the production of the reactant from an abundant natural feedstock, the active contacting of ambient air containing CO2 with the reactant which forms a solid, and the separation and storage of the solid. The modularity enables automated manufacturing and rapid deployment, which eliminates custom engineering and reduces deployment risk. Additionally, optimization can be quickly tested and implemented, which allows for the cost to steeply decrease with time. As Holy Grail’s storage solution is in the solid form and above ground, it makes MRV simple, with reduced reliance on complex and costly modeling. This gives customers a high degree of certainty in the durability of Holy Grail’s carbon removal solution. Additionally, Holy Grail reduces permitting risk, as the storage solution requires construction permits, which are quick and simple to obtain.

About the project

Project Moonstone is Holy Grail’s pilot facility, situated in Fremont, California, that will capture and permanently store 1000 tonnes of CO2 per year, powered by renewable electricity. For the pilot plant, the renewable electricity will come from a solar roof on the facility, which will generate 30% of the required energy, with the remaining 70% coming from renewables procured by the East Bay Community Energy. Beyond this scale, Holy Grail will install solar deployments of appropriate size to power the entire process and will be independent of the grid. 

Scope

Holy Grail’s initial project scope with Puro is to deliver 2000 tonnes of CO2 from the pilot deployment in 2025 and 2026, and a further 100,000 tonnes of CO2 from the industrial deployment in 2027. Beyond this, Holy Grail intends to reach the megaton removal scale by 2029.

The pre-CORC price is listed at €400 for 2025-2026 and €315 for 2027 issuances.

Please get in touch with Holy Grail to discuss prices and volumes based on your specific requirements.


Key Project Data

  • Type of project info
    New facility or site
  • Carbon removal methodology info
    Carbonated Materials
  • Durability of carbon removal in years (number) info
    1000
  • Co-benefits info

    Holy Grail’s solution has the co-benefit of creating sustainable and high-tech jobs, as well as developing industry, innovation, and infrastructure in the facility locations.

  • Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) info
  • Production facility country info
    United States
  • Site visits are possible info
    Yes
  • Project start date info
    03/02/2025
  • Expected certification and issuance date info
    02/03/2026
  • Annual carbon removal capacity in tCO2e (number) info
    1000
  • Additionality info
    The revenue generated from CORCs is Holy Grail's primary source of revenue and these projects would not be delivered without these commitments. Holy Grail will depend on carbon credits for revenue. Holy Grail has already secured equity financing from Lowercarbon Capital, Y Combinator, Deep Science Ventures, and the founders of Stripe, Twitch, and Cruise.
  • Link to high resolution images/media assets

About the supplier

Holy Grail Inc

Holy Grail Inc, founded in 2019, is a direct air capture (DAC) and storage startup, based in Mountain View, California and backed is by Lowercarbon Capital, Y Combinator, Deep Science Ventures and the founders of Stripe, Twitch and Cruise.
More projects by Supplier

We're happy you're interested in joining us!

To view detailed CORC availability and prices, and to be able to commit to buy future CORCs, you need to sign the Puro.earth platform agreement. Click here to learn more.

I already have an online account AND I have signed the Puro.earth Platform Agreement.

I would like to create a Puro.earth account and sign the Platform Agreement.

CREATE ACCOUNT
loder imageloder image